HA-1 silicone tissue softner is an emulsion of an organofunctional silicone. It is an excellent candidate to consider as a tissue softner for facial tissue, bathroom tissue and other paper products. It may provide voluminous and silky softness for premium quality tissue with minimum impact on tissue absorbency.Key Features and Typical Benefits
- powerful emollient effect on most types of tissue paper and cellulose substrates.
- provides optimum balance of luxirious softness and silkiness.
- minimum impact on tissue absorbency
- virtually non-yellowing on tissue paper
- can be applied on both virgin and recycled tissue paper
- water based, easy to dilute and use.
- contains no organic lotions; based on silicone material
- excellent emulsion stability and shear stability in the application bath
- no filtration step involved and therefor possible to use continously in the tissue manfacturing process with virtually no requirement for clean up
- highly concentrated; typicall economical to use
Since HA-1 tissue softner is a concentrate, pre-dilution with water in advance of applying at the dry-end of multiple ply tissue sheets is recommended. Although it depends on how dry the treated sheets are, a 1:1 dilution with water is most commonly used.HA-1 tissue softener may be applied on the tissue sheets by spraying or kiss-roll coating with gravure rollers, just after ply-bonding (or edge-embossing) to avoid potential ply bonding issues. It that is not possible, it can be also applied by printing of padding after Yankee dryers in papermaking process. However, the former proces is usually preferable.Applying HA-1 tissue softener on each ply (two outer plies in case of more than 3 plies consisting of a tissue sheet) is recommended to acheie the maximum emollient effect on tissue.The suggested starting add-on level of 1:1 dilution of HA-1 tissue softener is typically 2~3% of the weight of whole tissue sheets. Depending on the softness needed, the quantity of HA-1 to be added can be varied.